Showing Collections: 1–5 of 5
- Helfand, William H. 3
- Beecham's Pills (Firm) 2
- Abbott Myron Mason Chemical Co 1
- Académie des sciences (France) 1
- Ackland, A. A. 1
- Acland, Henry W. (Henry Wentworth), 1815-1900 1
- Addams, Charles, 1912-1988 1
- Aiken, Arthur 1
- Alison, William Pulteney, 1790-1859 1
- Alsop, Charles Richard 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American National Red Cross. Nursing Service 1
- Andrews, Charles McLean, 1863-1943 1
- Aschoff, L. (Ludwig), 1866-1942 1
- Astruc, Jean, 1684-1766 1
- Babinski, J. (Joseph), 1857-1932 1
- Bache, Thomas Hewson, 1826-1912 1
- Bacon, Francis, 1831-1912 1
- Baillie, Matthew, 1761-1823 1
- Baker Hospital (Eureka Springs, Ark,) 1 ∧ less
Call Number: Ms Coll 61
Overview: The collection contains real photo postcards, commercial postcards, photographs, pamphlets and ephemera related to people with disabilities, mostly from the United States, collected by Professor Robert Bogdan, a pioneer in the teaching of disability studies.
Dates: 1820s-1990s, 1900-1940
Call Number: Pam Coll 10
Overview: Collection consists of pamphlets and books by individuals, private cancer hospitals, and other organizations promoting non-surgical cures for cancer. The American Medical Association claimed that any such cures were fakes. The promoters in turn criticized the AMA as the "medical trust." Most of the pamphlets contain patient testimonials. Approximate dates for items are based on the date of the most recent testimonials.
Call Number: Pam Coll 8
Overview: The collection contains printed ephemera related to medicine and pharmacy either arranged in albums by William Helfand or donated in loose form. These include trade cards (some on marijuana and street drugs), postcards, advertisements in various formats for patent medicines and devices, advertisements for cancer cures, playing cards, cards of famous scientists and physicians, stock certificates for pharmaceutical companies, photographs of old pharmacies, pharmacy prescription envelopes,...
Call Number: Ms Coll 49
Overview: Miscellaneous Letters Collection is a collection of hundreds of individual letters or small groups of letters, mostly by physicians and scientists, either donated to the Historical Library or purchased.
Call Number: Pam Coll 5
Overview: Sheet music on medical themes including songs and piano compositions about medical providers, ailments, remedies, health for children, and advertisements for medical products. Much of the music was performed in music halls or as part of musicals, or later, performed on radio, television, and on records.
Dates: ca. 1762-1989, bulk 1890-1940