Showing Collections: 1–8 of 8
- Photographic prints 5
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 3
- Photographers -- United States 3
- American literature -- 20th century 2
- Audiovisual materials -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 2
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Photography, Artistic -- History 2
- 291 1
- Actors -- United States 1
- Actors -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- Actresses -- United States 1
- Actresses -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- African Americans -- Portraits 1
- American poetry -- 20th Century 1
- Art -- Exhibitions 1
- Art criticism 1
- Art museums 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century -- Periodicals 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 5
- Coburn, Alvin Langdon, 1882-1966 3
- Rosenfeld, Paul, 1890-1946 3
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 3
- White, Clarence H., 1871-1925 3
- American Place (Gallery) 2
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 2
- Demuth, Charles, 1883-1935 2
- Hartley, Marsden, 1877-1943 2
- Marin, John, 1870-1953 2
- McBride, Henry, 1867-1962 2
- Mumford, Lewis, 1895-1990 2
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 2
- Sandburg, Carl, 1878-1967 2
- Stein, Leo, 1872-1947 2
- Stettheimer, Florine, 1871-1944 2
- Strand, Paul, 1890-1976 2
- "291" (Gallery) 1
- Abbott, Berenice, 1898-1991 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 4
- Stored offsite 3
- Stored onsite and offsite 1
Call Number: YCAL MSS 814
Abstract: The papers contain personal and business correspondence, writings, personal papers, and financial records documenting the life and work of the American actress and author Mary Kennedy. Correspondents include her husband American composer Deems Taylor, authors Laura Bene?t, Pearl S. Buck, and Edna St. Vincent Millay, composer Samuel Barber, fashion designer Valentina, and colleagues from the theater world including Katharine Cornell, Lynn Fontanne, Margalo Gillmore, Helen Hayes, Clare Kummer,...
Call Number: YCAL MSS 792
Abstract: The papers contain correspondence, writings, literary manuscripts, notes, subject files, scrapbooks, and printed material documenting Dorothy Norman's activities, writings, and publications including the journal she founded and edited, Twice A Year: a Book of Literature, the Arts, and Civil Liberties. The papers also document Norman's relationships with the photographer Alfred Stieglitz and his circle of artists and writers, in particular her involvement with his...
Call Number: JWJ MSS 76
Abstract: Photographs drawn from various collections in the James Weldon Johnson Collection. The collection includes predominantly images of prominent African American writers, cultural leaders, and entertainers, as well as photographs by important African American photographers. A small number of images document people and places outside the United States. The collection forms a visual record of artists, writers, actors, musicians, and politicians active chiefly in the United States from the 1920s...
Call Number: YCAL MSS 459
Abstract: This collection consists chiefly of papers and photographs created and collected by George H. Seeley that document his photographic career, as well as his later life and family spanning from 1900 to 1975. The collection includes glass plate negatives used by Seeley to create his professional photographs. Photographic prints in the collection are predominantly work prints created by Seeley. There are also film negatives that document his later life and family, as well as the landscape around...
Dates: 1900-1975, bulk 1900-1950
Call Number: YCAL MSS 1080
Abstract: The Steichen family papers consist of photographs, correspondence, writings, exhibition materials, legal papers, genealogical materials, audiovisual materials, digital media, and other papers relating to Edward J. Steichen and members of his family, including his wives Clara Smith Steichen, Dana Steichen, and Joanna T. Steichen, his daughters Mary Steichen Calderone and Charlotte "Kate" Rodina Steichen, his granddaughters Linda and Nell Martin and Francesca and Maria Calderone-Steichen, and...
Call Number: YCAL MSS 20
The papers contain correspondence, diaries, writings, materials related to the production of Four Saints in Three Acts and the paintings of Florine Stettheimer, and miscellaneous papers.
Dates: 1898-1974 (inclusive), bulk 1906-1953
Call Number: YCAL MSS 1389
Scope and Contents: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photogravures from Camera work consists of photographic work published in Camera work, the photographic quarterly published by Alfred Stieglitz from 1903 to 1917. There are 46 photogravures total and two relief halftones dating from approximately 1902 to 1916. Photographers whose work is represented here include the following: Prescott Adamson, Robert Adamson, James Craig Annan, Alvin Langdon Coburn,...
Call Number: YCAL MSS 85
Abstract: The Alfred Stieglitz/Georgia O'Keeffe Archive contains correspondence files, manuscripts, documentary ephemera, photographs, art and realia related to the lives and careers of Alfred Stieglitz and Georgia O'Keeffe, his second wife, and to other members of Stieglitz's family.The first subgroup, Alfred Stieglitz Papers, consists of material documenting Stieglitz's life's work: correspondence with artists, photographers, and writers; manuscripts by Stieglitz and others describing the art...
Dates: 1728-1986, bulk 1880-1986