Showing Collections: 1–20 of 21
- Audiovisual materials 8
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 7
- Critics -- United States 7
- American literature -- 20th century 6
- Critics -- United States -- 20th Century 6
- Art critics -- United States 5
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 5
- Born digital 5
- Photographs 5
- American poetry -- 20th Century 3
- Art criticism 3
- Art critics -- United States -- Archives 3
- Audiocassettes 3
- Authors, American 3
- Authors, American -- 21st century -- Archives 3
- Critics -- United States -- 20th Century -- Archives 3
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 3
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 3
- American literature -- 21st century 2
- American poetry -- 21st century 2 ∧ less
- French 2
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 3
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 3
- Brooks, Cleanth, 1906-1994 2
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 2
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 2
- Fletcher, John Gould, 1886-1950 2
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 2
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 2
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 2
- Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973 2
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 2
- Steinberg, Saul, 1914-1999 2
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 2
- Thomson, Virgil, 1896-1989 2
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 2
- Yale University 2
- Yale University. Department of English 2
- Adams, Franklin P. (Franklin Pierce), 1881-1960 1
- Agar, Herbert, 1897-1980 1
- Aldrich, Mildred, 1853-1928 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 13
- Stored offsite 8
The Cleanth Brooks Papers contain correspondence, manuscripts of books, textbooks, essays, lectures, and various other shorter works, classroom material, professional papers, writings of others, and personal papers which document aspects of the life and career of Cleanth Brooks.
The Seward Collins Papers contain correspondence, subject files, business papers, and other papers documenting Collins's editorship of The Bookman and The American Review.
The Rachel Blau DuPlessis Papers, which span from 1941-2016, contain writings, photographs, personal papers, and other documents by or related to Rachel Blau DuPlessis's life and work. Also contains extensive correspondence with other authors and poets including Susan Bee, Mei Mei Berssenbrugge, Johanna Drucker, and Forrest Gander.
The writings consist of manuscript and typescript drafts of various works by Walter Prichard Eaton. Included is a typescript draft of The Ecole Des Beaux-Arts in the 90's by Charles Morris.
The Leon Katz Papers contains research files, writings, personal papers, professional papers, correspondence, subject files, photographs, printed materials, computer media, and audiovisual materials by or relating to Leon Katz.
The Donald Lyons papers consist of writings by Lyons, including film and theater criticism; personal and business correspondence, including letters from Danny Fields and Roger Darrobers; notebooks; personal papers and artwork; academic papers; photographs of friends, including Edie Sedgwick; videocassettes of “Theater Talk” and “Inside Broadway" programs; and computer files.
The papers contain correspondence, writings, and printed ephemera about art documenting McBride's career as an art critic. Major correspondents include Mildred Aldrich, Malcolm MacAdam, Maximilian Mitzlaff, Gertrude Stein, Alfred Stieglitz, and Carl Van Vechten.
The collection consists of research material, writings, correspondence, audiocassettes, printed material, personal papers, financial papers, photographs, and other papers, documenting the work of James R. Mellow as an art critic, a book reviewer, and a literary biographer, shedding particular light on his biographies of Gertrude Stein, Nathaniel Hawthorne, F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, and Walker Evans.
Correspondence, meeting minutes, financial papers, membership records, and printed material relating to the National Book Critics Circle. The National Book Critics Circle Awards deliberations and programs are especially well documented.
The papers consist primarily of drafts of unpublished novels, works on literary criticism, and articles and essays, plus letters to Yale classmate Philip Skinner Platt.