Showing Collections: 1–20 of 112
- Diaries 55
- Photographic prints 24
- Diaries -- United States 20
- Audiovisual materials 19
- Photographs 18
- Scrapbooks 17
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 15
- Authors 13
- Drawings (visual works) 12
- Photograph albums 11
- American literature -- 20th century 10
- LGBTQ resource 10
- Diaries -- United States -- 20th Century 9
- Sound recordings 9
- Born digital 8
- Diaries -- United States -- 19th century 7
- Poetry 7
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 6
- Studio portraits 6
- Tintypes (prints) 6 ∧ less
- English 106
- French 12
- German 6
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- Multiple languages 4
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 7
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 6
- Cocteau, Jean, 1889-1963 4
- Lynes, George Platt, 1907-1955 4
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 4
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 4
- Benét, Stephen Vincent, 1898-1943 3
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 3
- Maugham, W. Somerset (William Somerset), 1874-1965 3
- Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.) 3
- Nicolson, Harold, 1886-1968 3
- O'Neill, Eugene, 1888-1953 3
- Sitwell, Edith, 1887-1964 3
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 3
- Tchelitchew, Pavel, 1898-1957 3
- United States. Army (Military life) 3
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 3
- Wheeler, Monroe, 1899-1988 3
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 3
- Yale University 3 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 52
- Stored offsite 33
- Stored onsite 27
The Yehuda Amichai Papers consist of correspondence, manuscripts, journals, photographs, printed material, audio-visual and other materials documenting the life and work of Israeli poet Yehuda Amichai.
The Matthew Arnold Collection is a mixed-provenance collection of material by and related to Matthew Arnold, including family, personal and professional correspondence; diaries by Mary Penrose Arnold; letters from Frances Lucy Arnold to Arthur Galton; and a small quanitity of personal papers and manuscript items. Correspondents include Arthur Hugh Clough, James Thomas Knowles and George Smith.
The Richard Brown Baker Papers consist of correspondence; art and artist files; professional and personal papers; exhibit files; diaries; writings; photographic prints, negatives, and slides; photograph albums; objects; printed material; and an audiocassette interview.
Scrapbooks, manuscripts, diaries. letters, and personal papers documenting the lives and careers of American humorist John Kendrick Bangs and his son, Francis Hyde Bangs.
The papers contain correspondence, diaries, military papers, and other material documenting the military career of Albert Barnitz and Barnitz family life. The papers concern such subjects as cavalry operations, military life, relations between parents and children, and child rearing practices.
The collection consists of the personal and official papers of John G. Brady documenting early missionary work in Alaska, the history and political and economic development of Alaska, and Brady's life and career. There are early 20th century publications by Alaskan government bodies and missionary groups, as well as the public records of the City of Sitka. Included are photographs, negatives, and glass lantern slides of Alaskan scenery and subjects, native Alaskans, and Brady's family.
The papers contain correspondence, diaries, writings, subject files, and personal papers of John Breon concerning his World War II experiences, correspondents include Pat Carroll, Charles Cerbone, Gertrude Stein, Alice B. Toklas, and Carl Van Vechten.
The papers contain diaries, artwork, and an album of Elizabeth Bates Brewster and her daughters Ada Augusta Brewster, Mary Brewster Long, and Elizabeth Brewster Scribner. Subjects discussed include child rearing and family life, nursing during the Civil War, school teaching, and life in Nevada and California.
The Robert Byron papers consist of correspondence, writings, photographs, drawings, and other material that document his work as a writer and art critic. The papers provide evidence of Byron's travels and writing career as well as his work as a propagandist during World War II.