Showing Collections: 181–200 of 393
- Subject: Authors, American X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 386
- Manuscripts and Archives 7
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 241
- American literature -- 20th century 214
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 131
- Audiovisual materials 99
- Photographic prints 90
- Authors 78
- Photographs 76
- Born digital 75
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 64
- American poetry -- 20th Century 63
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 54
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 44
- Sound recordings 41
- Authors, American 37
- Authors, American -- 21st century -- Archives 32
- LGBTQ resource 31
- Scrapbooks 31
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives 26
- Drawings (visual works) 25
- Poets, American -- 20th century 25 ∧ less
- English 389
- French 25
- German 14
- Spanish; Castilian 14
- Italian 10
- Multiple languages 4
- Russian 3
- Chinese 2
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Arabic 1
- Danish 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Korean 1
- Persian 1
- Polish 1
- Portuguese 1
- Swedish 1 ∧ less
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 22
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 17
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 16
- Yale University 15
- Benét, Stephen Vincent, 1898-1943 13
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 13
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 12
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 11
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 11
- Merrill, James, 1926-1995 10
- O'Neill, Eugene, 1888-1953 10
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 10
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 9
- Porter, Katherine Anne, 1890-1980 9
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 9
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 9
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 8
- Wilson, Edmund, 1895-1972 8
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 7
- Laughlin, James, 1914-1997 7 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 191
- Stored onsite and offsite 179
- Stored onsite 23
Single manuscripts and small groups of manuscripts, including literary manuscripts, letters, and other documents. Materials are grouped under headings by author or corporate name.
The papers contain drafts of novels, plays, and short stories, plus a variety of personal papers, including financial records, photographs, and papers on the Committee on Allied Tribute to France.
The Mary Cadwalader Jones Correspondence contains letters from various individuals, including notable writers, poets, politicians, and artists, including Edith Wharton, Grover Cleveland, Ruth Draper, Edgar Lee Masters, Augustus Saint-Gaudens, Nikola Tesla, and H.G. Wells.
The papers contain correspondence, journals, subject files, and writings that document Josephson's life and provide information on the subjects of his research.
The Leon Katz Papers contains research files, writings, personal papers, professional papers, correspondence, subject files, photographs, printed materials, computer media, and audiovisual materials by or relating to Leon Katz.
The Bruce Kellner Papers consist of letters to Kellner and other papers, including two poems by Fania Marinoff, actress and wife of Carl Van Vechten, a list of Marinoff's appearances on stage and in films, and a portion of Marinoff's last will and testament. Correspondents include Donald Angus, Donald Gallup, Tom Hachtman, Fania Marinoff, Alice B. Toklas, Carl Van Vechten, Donald Windham, and others.
Contains autograph manuscripts of Kennedy's writings and autograph letters, signed, from various individuals to Kennedy. Also includes manuscript and printed material relating to The Queen's Shop, Kennedy's private press and bindery, and other papers. The papers date from 1799 to 1931.
Research files, including notes, manuscripts, printed material, photographs, and audio tapes compiled by Cynthia Earl Kerman in the process of writing The Lives of Jean Toomer.
The August Kleinzahler Papers, which span from 1970 to 2014, contain poetry and prose writings, correspondence, clippings, photographs, ephemera, printed material, and other documentation related to the life and work of August Kleinzahler.
Production and organizational files, including correspondence, writings, minutes of board meetings, grant proposals, material concerning fundraising and other related papers.
The collection includes typescripts of Lynn Riggs's scripts and other writings; correspondence and subject files regarding Lynn Riggs and other Lucy Kroll Agency business associates and activities; Lucy Kroll Agency contracts and agreement files; and a small number of Lynn Riggs's personal items.