Showing Collections: 141–160 of 393
- Subject: Authors, American X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 386
- Manuscripts and Archives 7
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 241
- American literature -- 20th century 214
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 131
- Audiovisual materials 99
- Photographic prints 90
- Authors 78
- Photographs 76
- Born digital 75
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 64
- American poetry -- 20th Century 63
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 54
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 44
- Sound recordings 41
- Authors, American 37
- Authors, American -- 21st century -- Archives 32
- LGBTQ resource 31
- Scrapbooks 31
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives 26
- Drawings (visual works) 25
- Poets, American -- 20th century 25 ∧ less
- English 389
- French 25
- German 14
- Spanish; Castilian 14
- Italian 10
- Multiple languages 4
- Russian 3
- Chinese 2
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Arabic 1
- Danish 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Korean 1
- Persian 1
- Polish 1
- Portuguese 1
- Swedish 1 ∧ less
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 22
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 17
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 16
- Yale University 15
- Benét, Stephen Vincent, 1898-1943 13
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 13
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 12
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 11
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 11
- Merrill, James, 1926-1995 10
- O'Neill, Eugene, 1888-1953 10
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 10
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 9
- Porter, Katherine Anne, 1890-1980 9
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 9
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 9
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 8
- Wilson, Edmund, 1895-1972 8
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 7
- Laughlin, James, 1914-1997 7 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 191
- Stored onsite and offsite 179
- Stored onsite 23
The Barbara Guest Papers span 1923 to 2006 and document Guest's life as a prominent American poet, her personal and professional relationships with other writers, and her personal life as a wife, mother, and friend. The papers include drafts of writings, correspondence, personal and professional papers, photographs, artwork, printed material, audiovisual material, born digital material, artwork, and a typewriter.
The A. R. Gurney Papers document the life and career of American playwright and novelist A. R. Gurney and consist of correspondence, writings, printed material, and photographs.
The collection consists of correspondence, writings, professional and personal papers, photographs, printed material, computer and audiovisual media, and other papers documenting the career and life of American author, curator, and gallerist Eric Gustafson. Also included are correspondence, ephemera, and photographs of Navajo artist R. C. Gorman.
The Robert Bartlett Haas Collection on Gertrude Stein and the Conference Press contains correspondence, drafts of writings, notes, photographs, printed material and papers relating to Getrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas, and the production and distribution of Conference Press publications, including Stein's What Are Masterpieces?
The Charles H. Hapgood Papers consist of correspondence, manuscripts, and research materials related to Hapgood's research projects and publications on earth science, archeology, ancient history, parapsychology, and spirit communication.
The Hapgood Family Papers contain correspondence; manuscripts of books, plays, poems, articles, book reviews, essays, and short stories; plus business papers, diaries, maps, photographs, subject files, writings of others, and miscellaneous papers which document the lives and careers of various members of the Hapgood family and to a lesser extent the Boyce family, most notably Hutchins Hapgood and Neith Boyce Hapgood.
The Bertita Harding writings consists of drafts and setting copies, typescript and typescript carbon, corrected, for Harding's biographical and historical works from the 1930s and 1950s.
The collection consists of writings, notebooks and sketchbooks, correspondence, personal files, theater files, and audio material, and documents Hare's work as a playwright, producer, and director, and his work in other literary genres.
The Theresa Helburn Papers consist of correspondence, diaries, financial documents, writings, photographs, scrapbooks and memorabilia documenting her career as a writer and theatrical director and administrator for the Theatre Guild and other theaters.
The Burton Jesse Hendrick papers consist of research materials, manuscript drafts, and correspondence related to books later published; news clippings and personal materials consisting of biographical files, estate files, and Yale related materials, 1880-1970.
The collection consists of writings, correspondence, personal papers, audio and video recordings, digital files, and other papers by and relating to American poet and writer Barbara Henning. Materials including notes, drafts, and manuscripts document Henning’s career as a poet, writer, and editor, and provide insight into her creative process. Correspondents include Charles Alexander, Charles Baxter, E. M. Broner, Bill Kushner, Harry Mathews, Harryette Mullen, and Maureen Owen.
The Josephine Herbst Papers document the work of novelist and journalist Josephine Herbst. The papers consist of personal and professional correspondence, drafts of writings, notebooks, research files, printed material, personal and family papers, photographs, artwork, and personal effects spanning the years 1799 to 1969, with the bulk of the material dating from 1901 to 1969.