Showing Collections: 1–20 of 123
- Subject: Authors, English X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 121
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 1
- Lewis Walpole Library 1
- Authors, English -- 19th century 30
- Authors, English -- 20th century 30
- Authors, English -- 20th Century -- Archives 22
- English literature -- 20th Century 22
- Authors 18
- English literature -- 19th century 18
- Authors, English -- 19th century -- Archives 15
- Authors -- Great Britain -- 19th century 13
- Authors, English -- Archives 13
- Photographs 13
- Authors -- England -- 20th Century 10
- Authors -- Great Britain -- 20th Century 9
- Drawings (visual works) 8
- Photographic prints 8
- Audiovisual materials 7
- Authors, English -- 18th century 7
- English poetry -- 19th century 7
- Authors, English 6
- Drawings (visual works) -- Great Britain -- 19th century 6
- English literature -- 18th century 6 ∧ less
- English 122
- French 9
- Italian 3
- Multiple languages 2
- German 1
- Browning, Robert, 1812-1889 6
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973 4
- Barrie, J. M. (James Matthew), 1860-1937 4
- Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936 4
- Maugham, W. Somerset (William Somerset), 1874-1965 4
- Nicolson, Harold, 1886-1968 4
- Sassoon, Siegfried, 1886-1967 4
- West, Rebecca, 1892-1983 4
- Babb, James T. (James Tinkham), 1899-1968 3
- Betjeman, John, 1906-1984 3
- Boswell, James, 1740-1795 3
- Garrick, David, 1717-1779 3
- Hardy, Florence Emily, 1879-1937 3
- Hardy, Thomas, 1840-1928 3
- James, Henry, 1843-1916 3
- Percy, Thomas, 1729-1811 3
- Pope, Alexander, 1688-1744 3
- Ritchie, Anne Thackeray, 1837-1919 3
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 3
- Sackville-West, V. (Victoria), 1892-1962 3 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 65
- Stored onsite and offsite 30
- Stored onsite 28
The Peter Ackroyd papers primarily contain research files, manuscripts, drafts, and page proofs for many of Ackroyd's novels, biographies, and historical studies, as well as related correspondence and screenplays. Also present are his appointment books, some personal papers and photographs, and personal papers of his partner Brian Michael Kuhn (1952-1994).
The Matthew Arnold Collection is a mixed-provenance collection of material by and related to Matthew Arnold, including family, personal and professional correspondence; diaries by Mary Penrose Arnold; letters from Frances Lucy Arnold to Arthur Galton; and a small quanitity of personal papers and manuscript items. Correspondents include Arthur Hugh Clough, James Thomas Knowles and George Smith.
The collection consists of poetry and prose by George Barker in autograph, typescript, and printed forms, including poems with autograph revisions by T. S. Eliot. Also present are a small group of letters to Barker from editors and colleagues including Brian Higgins and Oscar Williams, six line drawings by Barker, and a collection of ten typescripts of poems by William Bell.
The William Beckford Collection consists of correspondence, a few manuscripts, personal papers of Beckford family members, a 16mm motion picture film on Beckford with accompanying reel-to-reel soundtrack, and other papers relating to Beckford research and collections.
The Boswell Collection contains the correspondence, diaries, and manuscripts of author James Boswell; estate records, letters, personal and professional papers, and other materials documenting the lives and careers of ten generations of Boswells and their possession of the barony of Auchinleck; and correspondence relating to the political career of Alexander Bruce, Earl of Kincardine.
The collection consists almost entirely of printed copies of works by Francis William Bourdillon, especially his narrative poems and occasional verse, along with several versions of his translation of Aucassin et Nicolette. In addition, there are sketchbooks, etchings, and a photograph album containing views of the Swiss Alps.
The collection consists primarily of manuscripts and letters by George Gordon Byron, Baron Byron, including a manuscript of the Preface to Childe Harold's Pilgrimage and the manuscript of The Prisoner of Chillon; and letters to John Murray, Francis Hodgson, and Samuel Rogers. Other contents include several letters by Anne Isabella Milbanke, Baroness Byron; two notes by Catherine Byron, the poet's mother; and eighteen letters from Augusta Leigh to Francis Hodgson.
Correspondence, promissory notes, receipts, and statements of account documenting the publishing and bookselling business of Cadell & Davies. The records include letters from contemporary authors and printers, as well as substantial correspondence with the poet and novelist Charlotte Turner Smith. Other correspondents include Edward Daniel Clarke, George Huntingford, William Magee, Edward Maltby, Isaac Milner, Charles Simeon, and Nathaniel Wraxall.