Showing Collections: 1–20 of 30
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 18
- American literature -- 20th century 15
- Photographic prints 13
- Authors 11
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 7
- Photographs 7
- African American authors -- 20th Century -- Archives 6
- Audiovisual materials 6
- Scrapbooks 6
- Studio portraits 6
- Diaries 3
- Florence (Italy) 3
- Harlem Renaissance 3
- Harlem Renaissance -- Archives 3
- LGBTQ resource 3
- Photograph albums 3
- Photographers -- United States -- 20th Century 3
- Sound recordings 3
- African American authors -- 20th Century 2
- American drama -- 20th Century 2 ∧ less
- French 4
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Polish 1
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 7
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 7
- Johnson, James Weldon, 1871-1938 6
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 6
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 6
- Gallup, Donald, 1913-2000 5
- Mencken, H. L. (Henry Louis), 1880-1956 5
- Bontemps, Arna, 1902-1973 4
- Cullen, Countee, 1903-1946 4
- Marinoff, Fania, 1890-1971 4
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 4
- Alfred A. Knopf, Inc 3
- Brown, Sterling A., 1901-1989 3
- Draper, Muriel, 1886-1952 3
- Ewing, Max 3
- Fitzgerald, F. Scott (Francis Scott), 1896-1940 3
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 3
- Himes, Chester B., 1909-1984 3
- Hurston, Zora Neale, 1891-1960 3 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 18
- Stored offsite 9
- Stored onsite 3
The papers consist of letters to Lawrence Gilman from various writers, poets, editors, and musicians, including Winifred Welles, Carl Van Vechten, Winston Churchill, John Farrar, Otto Klemperer, Marian MacDowell, H. L. Mencken, Ezra Pound, Bruno Walter, John Butler Yeats, and William Butler Yeats. A small amount of letters are from Gilman family members and an unidentified correspondent. Other papers include a draft of Gilman's "Bach the Great Modern," two notebooks, and clippings.
The Langston Hughes Papers contain letters, manuscripts, personal items, photographs, clippings, artworks, and objects that document the life of the well-known African-American poet.
The Leon Katz Papers contains research files, writings, personal papers, professional papers, correspondence, subject files, photographs, printed materials, computer media, and audiovisual materials by or relating to Leon Katz.
The Bruce Kellner Papers consist of letters to Kellner and other papers, including two poems by Fania Marinoff, actress and wife of Carl Van Vechten, a list of Marinoff's appearances on stage and in films, and a portion of Marinoff's last will and testament. Correspondents include Donald Angus, Donald Gallup, Tom Hachtman, Fania Marinoff, Alice B. Toklas, Carl Van Vechten, Donald Windham, and others.
The Sinclair Lewis Papers consist of manuscripts, correspondence, photographs, and personal papers documenting the life and work of novelist and author Sinclair Lewis.
The collection contains photographs and other visual materials, objects, papers, printed material, and sound recordings relating to cats, Anna Marble-Pollock, and Carl Van Vechten.
The Claude McKay Collection consists of correspondence, writings, personal papers, photographs and memorabilia documenting the life and work of Claude McKay.