Showing Collections: 41–46 of 46
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 29
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 8
- Medical Historical Library, Harvey Cushing / John Hay Whitney Medical Library 6
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 2
- The Lewis Walpole Library 1
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 3
- Yale University 3
- Cushing, Caleb, 1800-1879 2
- Great Britain. Army 2
- Lytton, Edward Robert Bulwer Lytton, Earl of, 1831-1891 2
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 2
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 2
- Yale Peabody Museum 2
- A.B. & D. Sands (Firm) 1
- A.L. Scovill & Co 1
- Abbott, Lyman, 1835-1922 1
- Abell, Truman, 1779-1853 1
- Abington, Frances Barton, 1737-1815 1
- Acton, John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, Baron, 1834-1902 1
- Adelcrantz, Carl Fredrik, 1716-1796 1
- Alabaster, Henry, -1884 1
- Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition (1909 Seattle, Wash.) 1
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 1
- Alfred A. Knopf, Inc 1
- Alison, Francis, 1705-1779 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- German 1
Call Number: OSB MSS 176
Scope and Contents: The papers consist of diaries, weather journals, commonplace books, reading notes and other material documenting the life, work and intellectual interests of the Jamaican plantation overseer and slaveowner Thomas Thistlewood. This highly detailed record of his activities as an overseer and later owner of numerous slaves contains information on his criteria for the purchase and sale of slaves, methods of assigning work, allotment of provisions, the illness and death rate among them, and detailed...
Call Number: JWJ MSS 1
Overview: The papers contain correspondence, drafts of unpublished books, essays, and other writings, together with personal papers documenting Toomer's life, primarily after his Harlem Renaissance period, and papers on Marjory Latimer Toomer. Correspondents include Charles Dupee, Waldo Front, Mabel Dodge Luhan, Margaret Naumberg, and Russell S. Walcott.
Dates: 1898-1963 (inclusive), bulk 1920-1954
Call Number: WA MSS S-1319
Overview: The papers consist of Thomas J. Van Dorn's letters to his wife, Henrietta Frances Wilbur Van Dorn, and his diary of an 1849 journey of a Jerseyville company from St. Joseph to California. This material describes the landscape, rigors of travel, encounters with Indians, communities on route, and life in mining camps at Bear Creek, Sacramento, and Weaverville Dry Diggings. Letters to his wife dating from 1865-1869 describe his business in Yazoo City, Mississippi. There are business contracts...
Dates: 1847-1869, 1847-1856, bulk 1847-1856
Call Number: MSS 26
Overview: The collection comprises diaries, notebooks, and other manuscript documents concerning the travels of James Wales in India, with a particular focus on antiquities of Poona and the nearby cave temples of Ellora.
Call Number: YCAL MSS 108
Overview: The collection consists chiefly of correspondence with family, friends, and literary colleagues; and writings, accompanied by related material. There are smaller amounts of personal papers, printed material, photographs, memorabilia, and audio recordings. The material documents Wilder's life and work, in particular his career as a successful novelist and playwright.Series I, Correspondence, consists of four subseries: Family Correspondence; General Correspondence; First Name Only and...
Dates: 1892-1991, bulk 1935-1975
Call Number: WA MSS S-2512
Overview: The collection consists of diaries and other writings, correspondence, photographs, and other papers documenting the lives of Dr. Rowland Willard and his wife Elizabeth S. Willard. Dr. Willard's diaries and autobiography chronicle in particular his travels through New Mexico in 1825.