Showing Collections: 1–6 of 6
- Acland, Henry W. (Henry Wentworth), 1815-1900 1
- Alloway, Lawrence, 1926-1990 1
- Balugani, Luigi Antonio Melchiorre, 1737-1771 1
- Beaufort, Daniel Augustus, 1739-1821 1
- Bruce, James, 1730-1794 1
- Circle Press 1
- Del Renzio, Toni 1
- Dubuffet, Jean, 1901-1985 1
- Edgeworth, Richard Lovell, 1744-1817 1
- Hamilton, Richard, 1922-2011 1
- Henderson, Nigel, 1917-1985 1
- Herkomer Art School 1
- Herkomer, Bertha, 1858-1943 1
- Herkomer, Herman Gustave, 1862-1935 1
- Herkomer, Hubert von, Sir, 1849-1914 1
- Herkomer, John, 1821-1913 1
- Herkomer, Lorenz, 1825-1888 1
- Independent Group (Association : Great Britain) 1
- Institute of Contemporary Arts (London, England) 1
- Irwin, Gwyther, 1931-2008 1 ∧ less
- German 1
Call Number: MSS 68
Scope and Contents: The archive comprises original manuscript material concerning the travels of James Bruce of Kinnaird in North Africa and Ethiopia, from 1762 to 1774. Bruce (1730-1794) was originally posted as British consul-general at Algiers, though his diplomatic service concluded in 1765. Over the next 10 years, Bruce traveled in North Africa to document the antiquities, flora, and fauna of the region. Bruce then traveled to Ethiopia to document the source of the Nile. The bulk of material concerns Bruce's...
Dates: ca. 1750-ca.1850.
Call Number: MSS 48
Scope and Contents: The collection comprises designs, notes & miscellaneous papers relating to buildings and agricultural improvements for Edgeworthstown, Richard Lovell Edgeworth's model village in Ireland, 1796-1815. Most of the designs and notes are by Daniel Augustus Beaufort, father in law of R.L. Edgeworth.
Call Number: MSS 72
Scope and Contents: The collection comprises correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs, prints, drawings, and publications concerning Hubert von Herkomer, and Herkomer's family.
Call Number: MSS 77
Overview: The collection comprises archival material for projects created by or for the Circle Press, including drawings, plans, experiments, prototypes, texts, correspondence, posters, blocks, plates, cutting and creasing forms, and some wood and metal type.
Call Number: MSS 60
Overview: The collection comprises collage books, collages, drawings, palettes, and posters by John McHale, with related printed material, including catalogs, periodicals, ephemera, and small posters.
Dates: ca. 1950-1978.
Call Number: MSS 37
Overview: This collection comprises 53 items, including 42 letters from John Ruskin to John Henry Le Keux, 1 letter from John James Ruskin to John Henry Le Keux, 7 stand-alone sketches related to Le Keux’s engraving work for Ruskin, annotated printed proofs made by Le Keux for Ruskin and 1 letter from Henry W. Acland to John Ruskin which pertains to Le Keux’s work on the frontispiece for Acland and Ruskin’s The Oxford Museum. While the majority of the items are undated, the...