Showing Collections: 1–10 of 10
- Subject: Law -- Study and teaching X
- Law -- Study and teaching 8
- Lawyers 3
- Civil rights -- United States 2
- Law -- Study and teaching -- United States 2
- Law schools 2
- Lawyers -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 2
- Academic freedom 1
- Account books 1
- Anti-communist movements -- United States 1
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Architecture -- Environmental aspects 1
- Armed Forces 1
- Birth control -- Law and legislation 1
- Civil rights -- Connecticut 1
- Communication in politics 1
- Concorde (Jet transports) 1
- Constitutional law -- United States 1
- Counterculture -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Deans (Education) 1 ∧ less
- Yale Law School 7
- Yale University 3
- Fortas, Abe, 1910-1982 2
- Acheson, Dean, 1893-1971 1
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- American Political Science Association 1
- American Society of International Law 1
- Barnes, Jonathan, 1789-1861 1
- Benton, William, 1900-1973 1
- Branch, Oliver Winslow, b. 1879 1
- Burt, Robert A., 1939-2015 1
- Coleman, William T. (William Thaddeus), 1920-2017 1
- Derenberg, Walter J., 1903-1975 1
- Eldredge, Laurence H. (Laurence Howard), 1902-1982 1
- Ely, John Hart, 1938- 1
- Emerson, Thomas I. (Thomas Irwin), 1907-1991 1
- Finkelstein, Louis, 1895-1991 1
- Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965 1
- Fulda, Carl H., 1909- 1
- Goldberg, Arthur J., 1908- 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 6
- Stored onsite and offsite 4
Six manuscript volumes on law: "Jurisprudence of the United States," "Law of nations," and "Municipal law," possibly intended as compendia for teaching. Also in the papers is Jonathan Barnes' translation from the French of Baron de Wimpffen's "The experienced soldier."
The Robert A. Burt papers contain correspondence and class materials created and collected by Professor Robert A. Burt (LAW 64) during his tenure as Professor of Law at Yale Law School. These papers are directly related to his professional activities and do not contain personal papers. These papers span the years of 1974-2015.
The John Hart Ely papers consists of teaching files, research papers, drafts of articles, legal briefs, professional and personal correspondence, and video tapes documenting Ely's legal and teaching career. The bulk of the collection contains accumulated notes and research materials pertaining to Ely's writings on constitutional law from 1968 to 2003.
The papers consist of correspondence, writings, course material, legal documents, and printed material that document Thomas Emerson's career as a lawyer and law professor. The papers emphasize Emerson's teaching, writing, and organizational activities during his career at the Yale Law School from 1946 to 1976.
The papers consist of correspondence and financial records of John Skinner concerning the Rimmon Falls Turnpike Company and his medical practice in East Hartford, Connecticut. Also included are notes, made by Roger Sherman Skinner, of lectures by James Gould at the Litchfield Law School.
The records consist of correspondence, subject files, finance records, lists, certificates, and miscellaneous papers documenting the activities and operations of the Yale Law School. Topics include admissions, legal societies and associations, publications and journals, bar examinations, commencement, curriculum, faculty, scholarships, and student affairs.
The records consist of correspondence, reports, lecture notes, and assorted administrative files documenting the activities and operations of the dean of the Yale Law School.