Showing Collections: 1–20 of 54
- Subject: Letters X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 20
- Manuscripts and Archives 15
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 14
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 2
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 2
- Letters 24
- Greek letter societies 11
- College students -- Societies, etc. 9
- Photographs 8
- Diaries 6
- Letter books 5
- Watercolors (paintings) 5
- Account books 4
- Graphite drawings 4
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century 4
- Engravings (prints) 3
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 3
- Letters (correspondence) 3
- Nobility -- Great Britain 3
- Pen and ink drawings 3
- Artists -- Great Britain 2
- Artists -- Great Britain -- Correspondence 2
- Businessmen -- Connecticut 2
- Businessmen -- Connecticut -- 19th century 2
- Calendars (documents) 2 ∧ less
- English 53
- French 1
- Latin 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Yale University 13
- Beta Theta Pi. Phi Chi Chapter (Yale University) 3
- Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) 3
- Yale College (1718-1887) 3
- Burke, Edmund, 1729-1797 2
- Chi Phi (Fraternity). Omicron Chapter (Yale University) 2
- East India Company 2
- Great Britain. Army 2
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784 2
- Napoleon, Emperor of the French, I, 1769-1821 2
- Phi Beta Kappa. Connecticut Alpha (Yale University) 2
- United States. Navy 2
- West, Benjamin, 1738-1820 2
- Yale Peabody Museum 2
- Abercorn, James Hamilton, Duke of, 1811-1885 1
- Abington, Frances Barton, 1737-1815 1
- Acacia Fraternity. Yale Chapter 1
- Adelcrantz, Carl Fredrik, 1716-1796 1
- Alpha Delta Phi. Yale Chapter 1
- Anderson, Luther, 1880-1940 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 26
- Stored onsite 20
- Stored onsite and offsite 8
The collection contains just over 50 letters, typed and handwritten, between Carlyle S. Baer, secretary of the American Society of Bookplate Collectors and Designers, and Dr. Samuel X. Radbill, a bookplate collector.
Collection of copies of 210 letters to and from Baker dating from 1722 to 1770; letters discuss scientific subjects, especially microscopy, electricity, and the education of deaf children; also discuss contemporary affairs, most notably the Jacobite Rebellion (1745-1746) and the London earthquake (1750).
The collection consists of promotional material, including form letters, maps, reprints of newspaper articles, and publications, that describe oil and mining investment opportunities in various Western states, including Texas, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico, during the time period of the Great Depression. The materials were sent to R. E. Blair as a prospective investor in oil and mining ventures.
The collection is comprised of photographs used in We Minded the Store Yale Life and Letters During World War II (1975) by Polly S. Buck. The photographs depict student life in Branford College, Yale University, during the years 1944-1946, a large majority of which are of the Navy ROTC. The collection also includes photographs of individual students and clippings.
This collection includes letters sent by John Everett Millais and Frederic Leighton to Philip Hermogenes Calderon from 1886 to 1896.
The records consist of minutes of meetings, membership lists, correspondence, constitutions and bylaws, scrapbooks, library records, financial and business records, programs and invitations, articles and news clippings, reports, songbooks, notices, newsletters, and related materials documenting the organization, activities, and operations of various student, faculty, and staff organizations, and other Yale community groups.
Collection of letters, receipts, proofs, portraits, etc., concerning The British Gallery of Contemporary Portraits, published by Cadell & Davies
This finding aid is a partial inventory of the contents of Osborn fd45.
The materials consist of memorabilia, photographs, artifacts, and an engraving documenting Franklin Lindley Couch's (Yale 1917) extracurricular activities while a student at Yale. Included are materials documenting the Yale Courant staff, Beta Theta Pi fraternity, Calcium Light Night, and the Yale Field Artillery in World War I.
John J. Cushing was an early homeopathic physician in San Francisco. The collection consists of letters to his family.
This collection contains correspondence, writings, printed material, photographs, objects, artwork, and other papers by or relating to poet, publisher, editor, and artist Simon Cutts. Cutts and his partner Erica Van Horn run the publishing press Coracle Press. Material in the collection document Cutts' art making process, representing his mediums of concrete and visual poetry, sculpture, glass, neon, and publications.