Showing Collections: 1–17 of 17
- Photographic prints 10
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 8
- American literature -- 20th century 7
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 7
- Photographs 6
- Authors 5
- Paintings (visual works) 5
- Artists 4
- Audiovisual materials 4
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 4
- Drawings (visual works) 4
- Modernism (Art) 4
- Modernism (Literature) 4
- Americans -- France -- History -- 20th Century 3
- Painters 3
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life 3
- Women authors, American -- 20th century 3
- American drama -- 20th Century 2
- Art and literature 2
- Art criticism 2 ∧ less
- English 16
- German 6
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 9
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 9
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 7
- Stein, Leo, 1872-1947 6
- Hartley, Marsden, 1877-1943 5
- Hapgood, Hutchins, 1869-1944 4
- Harrison, Gilbert A. 4
- Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973 4
- Sterne, Maurice, 1878-1957 4
- Steward, Samuel M., 1909-1993 4
- Thomson, Virgil, 1896-1989 4
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 4
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 3
- Berenson, Bernard, 1865-1959 3
- Coburn, Alvin Langdon, 1882-1966 3
- Haas, Robert Bartlett 3
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 3
- Matisse, Henri, 1869-1954 3
- McBride, Henry, 1867-1962 3 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 10
- Stored offsite 4
- Stored onsite 3
The Robert Bartlett Haas Collection on Gertrude Stein and the Conference Press contains correspondence, drafts of writings, notes, photographs, printed material and papers relating to Getrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas, and the production and distribution of Conference Press publications, including Stein's What Are Masterpieces?
The Leon Katz Papers contains research files, writings, personal papers, professional papers, correspondence, subject files, photographs, printed materials, computer media, and audiovisual materials by or relating to Leon Katz.
The papers contain correspondence, writings, and printed ephemera about art documenting McBride's career as an art critic. Major correspondents include Mildred Aldrich, Malcolm MacAdam, Maximilian Mitzlaff, Gertrude Stein, Alfred Stieglitz, and Carl Van Vechten.
The collection consists of research material, writings, correspondence, audiocassettes, printed material, personal papers, financial papers, photographs, and other papers, documenting the work of James R. Mellow as an art critic, a book reviewer, and a literary biographer, shedding particular light on his biographies of Gertrude Stein, Nathaniel Hawthorne, F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, and Walker Evans.
The Leo Stein Collection contains manuscripts of writings by Stein, letters from such persons as: Bernard Berenson, Mabel Dodge Luhan and Maurice Sterne, personal papers, photographs, and artworks (mainly by Stein), which document the life of Leo Stein, an artist and writer.
Many letters to Leo Stein for the period before 1913 can be found in the Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas Papers, YCAL MSS 76, also owned by the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
The Carl Van Vechten Papers includes correspondence, writings, photographs, scrapbooks and albums, and artwork documenting Carl Van Vechten's activities as a writer, photographer, and patron of the arts.