Showing Collections: 1–8 of 8
- Subject: Rowing X
- Manuscripts and Archives 7
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 1
- Rowing 7
- College sports 4
- College athletes 2
- Regattas 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Authors and publishers -- United States 1
- Baseball 1
- Boats and boating 1
- California 1
- Capital punishment -- California 1
- Crime -- California 1
- Criminals -- California 1
- Death row inmates -- California 1
- Editors -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Engravings (prints) 1
- Football 1
- Incarceration -- California 1
- Lithographs 1
- Motion pictures (visual works) 1
- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 7
- Yale University Athletic Association 2
- Yale University. Dept. of Athletics 2
- Yale University. Dept. of Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation 2
- California State Prison at San Quentin 1
- Chase, Charles Wayne, 1901- 1
- Chessman, Caryl, 1921-1960 1
- Critics Associated 1
- Frey, Lea Chase 1
- Longstreth, Joseph, 1920-2003 1
- Lorne Bair Rare Books 1
- Olympic Games (16th) (1956 Melbourne, Vic.) 1
- Pease, Hoyt Curtiss, 1911- 1
- Quarrier, Archie Monroe 1
- Yale College (1718-1887) 1
- Yale University. Crew 1
- Yale University. Sheffield Scientific School 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 4
- Stored offsite 4
Department of Athletics, Yale University, motion pictures documenting men's crew
The records consist of 16 mm films and VHS videotapes documenting men's crew races and training at Yale.
Department of Athletics, Yale University, records documenting crew
The records consist of logbooks, scrapbooks, correspondence, profiles, and ephemera of the Yale crew team. Also included is a memoir of Archie Monroe Quarrier who, as a member of the Yale crew team, participated in the 1924 Olympics in Paris.
Department of Athletics, Yale University, records of the women's crew team
The records consist of the Yale women's crew team captains' log books, and administrative records.
Joseph Longstreth papers relating to Caryl Chessman
Correspondence, writings, newspaper clippings, and other papers on publishing and legal matters relating to convicted kidnapper and death-row inmate Caryl Chessman, collected by editor Joseph Longstreth of Critics Associated, 1953-1990.
Motion picture film documenting men's crew races at the 1956 Summer Olympics
The collection consists of one 8mm motion picture film of men's crew races at the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, Australia as well as a DVD copy of the film. The film documents the final crew races: single and double sculls, pairs with and without coxswain, fours with and without coxswain, and eight-oar shells. The United States, represented by the Yale University Men's Crew Team, won the gold medal in the eight-oar shell race as well as the pairs with and without coxswain.
Hoyt Curtiss Pease papers
The papers consist of writings, printed material, programs, and photographs compiled by Hoyt Curtiss Pease pertaining to Yale crew.
Charles Wayne Chase, Class of 1923, Sheffield Scientific School, photographs and memorabilia documenting life at Yale
The collection consists of scrapbooks, photographs, newspaper clippings and ephemera of Charles Wayne Chase primarily documenting the Yale Crew Team, rowing and regattas.
Yale athletics photographs
The materials consist of photographs of Yale athletic events, associations and facilities. Included are shots of practices, teams, individual athletes, cheerleaders, and games. Also included are posters, lithographs and engravings from nineteenth-century magazines. Baseball, crew, football, swimming, and track are particularly well documented.