Showing Collections: 1–20 of 25
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 19
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 3
- Manuscripts and Archives 1
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 1
- Lewis Walpole Library 1
- Scrapbooks 20
- Photographs 7
- Photograph albums 6
- Photographic prints 5
- Watercolors (paintings) 4
- Authors 3
- Drawings (visual works) 3
- Audiovisual materials 2
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 2
- Correspondence 2
- Montana -- Description and travel 2
- Montana -- Pictorial works 2
- Postcards 2
- Scrapbooks -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Snapshots 2
- Sound recordings 2
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel 2
- West (U.S.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Women authors 2
- Abolitionists -- Massachusetts 1 ∧ less
- English 24
- French 1
- German 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Norwegian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 ∧ less
- Yale University. Library 3
- Browning, Robert, 1812-1889 2
- Hudson, Elizabeth 2
- Somerville, E. Œ. (Edith Œnone), 1858-1949 2
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 2
- Yale University 2
- Abert, John James, 1788-1863 1
- Acheson, Dean, 1893-1971 1
- Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. (History) 1
- Alajalov, Constantin, 1900-1987 1
- Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition (1909 Seattle, Wash.) 1
- Albers, Josef, 1888-1976 1
- Alcoholics Anonymous 1
- Alfred A. Knopf, Inc 1
- American Abolition Society 1
- American Missionary Association 1
- American Public Health Association 1
- American Temperance Society 1
- Amistad (Schooner) 1
- Annot, 1894-1982 1 ∧ less
Ruth Wilhelmina Kohlstedt Benson and Eloise Jeanette Benson Nicholl photographs and photograph albums of California life
The John Sawyer Brooks Papers contain correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs and drawings, and other papers, most relating to missionaries and mission administration at the Mendi Mission in Sierra Leone, 1851-1859. Also present are papers relating to the Mount Pleasant Mission in Peel Township, Ontario, 1846-1855, and to the Brooks family, 1850s-circa 2000.
The collection comprises travel sketches, scrapbooks, and genealogical material concerning the Carr family of Northumberland, England.
One reel of microfilm (HM138) of scrapbooks containing miscellaneous newspaper clippings, notes and reviews of three books published by John C. Hurd: The Theory of Our National Existence (1881); The Centennial of a Revolution (1888); and The Union-State (1890).
Papers consist of diaries, correspondence, writings, printed works, photographs, maps, and other materials that document William Downie's life, interest, and travels in the Northwest, particularly during the 1850s and 1860s. The papers offer evidence of early exploration and mining operations in British Columbia, particularly in the Quesnel Forks area by the Quesnelle Mining Company. Downie's interest and encounters with indigenous inhabitants are recorded.
Watercolor sketchbooks created and scrapbooks chiefly compiled by Henry Duncan Grant that document his world travel as an officer in the Royal Navy, 1866-1896 and his family until 1900.
The collection consists of scrapbooks collected by Jessica Helfand as research for her book Scrapbooks: an American History (Yale University Press, 2008). Also includes examples of volvelles.
The collection contains public health surveys by Hiscock and others; some correspondence; materials related to Hiscock's activities in Yale-in-China and the World Health Assembly; materials on Hiscock's awards; photographs and memorabilia on the dedication of the Ira V. Hiscock Library; and memorabilia that were to be assembled in scrapbooks, especially from the period after his retirement.
The papers include Joan Jackson's masters' degree research, her masters' thesis, correrspondence, presentations, grant applications, and publications, and a scrapbook documenting her successful career at University of Washington. The second part of the collection documents her role as a Class A Trustee (i.e. non-alcoholic) of the General Study Board of Alcoholics Anonymous from 1983 to 1992, incuding her presentations and publications.