Showing Collections: 1–20 of 42
- Subject: Sketches X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 28
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 7
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 5
- Manuscripts and Archives 1
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 1
- Sketches 31
- Drawings (visual works) 15
- Photographs 12
- Watercolors (paintings) 11
- Sketchbooks 10
- Audiovisual materials 6
- Photographic prints 6
- Illustrators -- United States -- 20th Century 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 4
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 4
- Cartoons (humorous images) 4
- Diaries 4
- Engravings (prints) 4
- Born digital 3
- Children's literature -- Illustrations 3
- Children's literature, American -- 20th century 3
- Correspondence 3
- Graphic design (Typography) 3
- Graphite drawings 3 ∧ less
- English 41
- German 5
- French 3
- Italian 3
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Japanese 1
- Korean 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Persian 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 3
- Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1841-1910 2
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 2
- Lear, Edward, 1812-1888 2
- Napoleon, Emperor of the French, III, 1808-1873 2
- Sassoon, Siegfried, 1886-1967 2
- William Reese Co. 2
- Adamovich, Georgiĭ, 1892-1972 1
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 1
- Adolphus, John Leycester, 1795-1862 1
- Alajalov, Constantin, 1900-1987 1
- Albers, Josef, 1888-1976 1
- Albert, Eugen d', 1864-1932 1
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 1
- Aldanov, Mark Aleksandrovich, 1886-1957 1
- Alphadelphia Association (Organization) 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- Andrews, Irene Dwen, 1892- 1
- Anna Amalia, Duchess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, 1739-1807 1
- Annot, 1894-1982 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 17
- Stored offsite 16
- Stored onsite 9
The collection contains bookplates and other documentation related to the personal ex-libris designs of Irene Dwen Andrews Pace (1892-1962).
The bulk of this collection consists of Sid Caesar's copies of scripts from his many television programs and appearances, including Your Show of Shows, Caesar's Hour, Sid Caesar Invites You, The Sid Caesar Show, and others. It also includes related correspondence, screenplays, subject files, and reference materials, as well as recordings of Your Show of Shows and other programs related to Caesar.
The collection comprises travel sketches, scrapbooks, and genealogical material concerning the Carr family of Northumberland, England.
The collection comprises illustrated manuscript diaries of Ellen Fenton of Haven Green House, Ealing, which chronicle her summer family vacations to Boulogne-sur-Mer, 1854-1862, in nine volumes.
The collection contains illustrations, proofs, and sketches created by Gillett Griffin for the publication of A Mouse’s Tale.
The collection consists of thirty-seven autograph letters, signed, written by William Holman Hunt to friends and acquaintances including Walter Crane, Sir Fred A. Eaton, and Sir William Watson. The bulk of the letters are to British artist, illustrator and designer Frederic James Shields; also present are four graphite sketches by Shields of Hunt at work at his easel.
The collection contains original artwork, drafts, notes, proofs, dummies, mockups, mechanicals, and other material for books by children’s author and illustrator Arnold Lobel, and works of others illustrated by Lobel.
Majority of the papers consist of corporate brand identity manuals alongside design projects directed and or designed by Kenneth D. Love while employed at four design firms. Also included is a small collection of articles, correspondence, professional files, and photographs.
The collection comprises personal diaries, watercolors, and drawings by Robert Provo Norris, most of which were created while he was a soldier stationed on the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa during the Frontier ("Kaffir") Wars of the 1840s and 1850s.
The Robert Osborn Papers contain drawings, paintings, posters, correspondence, collages, printed material, clippings, a sketch notebook, a wooden plate, and dolls. Drawings include drawings of Don Quijote, Charlie Chaplin, and drawings for several publications.