Showing Collections: 41–60 of 64
- Subject: Watercolors (paintings) X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 47
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 12
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 2
- Manuscripts and Archives 1
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 1
- Lewis Walpole Library 1 ∧ less
- Watercolors (paintings) 44
- Drawings (visual works) 22
- Sketchbooks 11
- Oil paintings (visual works) 8
- Scrapbooks 8
- Engravings (prints) 7
- Etchings (prints) 7
- Graphite drawings 7
- Children's literature -- Illustrations 6
- Illustrators -- United States -- 20th Century 6
- Pen and ink drawings 6
- Photographic prints 6
- Photographs 6
- Sketches 6
- Watercolors (paintings) -- United States -- 19th century 6
- Artists 5
- Artists -- Great Britain 5
- Audiovisual materials 5
- Botanical illustrations 5
- Diaries 5 ∧ less
- English 62
- French 4
- German 3
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Newell, Peter, 1862-1924 3
- Alden, James Madison, 1834-1922 2
- Bransom, Paul, 1885-1979 2
- Cady, Harrison, 1877-1970 2
- Chesterton, G. K. (Gilbert Keith), 1874-1936 2
- Church, Frederick S. (Frederick Stuart), 1842-1924 2
- Clemens, Samuel Langhorne, 1835-1910 2
- Darley, Felix Octavius Carr, 1822-1888 2
- Frost, A. B. (Arthur Burdett), 1851-1928 2
- Harper & Brothers 2
- Holberton, Wakeman 2
- Hurd, Clement, 1908-1988 2
- Hurd, Edith Thacher, 1910-1997 2
- Kemble, E. W. (Edward Windsor), 1861-1933 2
- Lear, Edward, 1812-1888 2
- Leslie, Robert C. (Robert Charles), 1826-1901 2
- Newell, Clendenon Sheaf, 1892-1918 2
- Paxson, E. S., 1852-1919 2
- Pforzheimer, Walter L. (Walter Lionel), 1914-2003 2
- Ritchie, Anne Thackeray, 1837-1919 2 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 31
- Stored onsite and offsite 19
- Stored offsite 14
The collection comprises sketchbooks and exercise books belonging to the Pease family of Durham and Yorkshire Counties, England. The Peases were part of an important network of Quaker industrialists in the northeast of England, and established the nation's first railroad in 1825. Items in the collection date from the early nineteenth to the early twentieth century.
The materials in the collection document the varied theatrical and non-theatrical artistic activities of Rollo Peters from his youth until his later years.
The collection comprises the drawings, diary, and log books of Edwin Augustus Porcher, from tours of duty to South and East Asia (1849-1853) aboard the HMS Cleopatra and the Mediterranean and North Africa (1857-60) aboard the HMS Hibernia, HMS Kertch and HMS Boxer.
The Joseph W. and Kit Reed Papers contain correpondence, writings by Joseph and Kit Reed and others, notes and research papers, personal and professional papers, financial papers, photographs, artwork, printed material, audiocassettes and videocassettes, scrapbooks, and computer disks. The papers document their personal and professional lives and artistic endeavors.
The collection comprises over 500 pressed plant specimens from the area around Liverpool, assembled by a "Miss Rowe" of 2 Elizabeth Street, in 1861.
The papers consist chiefly of six sketchbooks of drawings and watercolors of Italian scenes and copies of old masters made by Truman Seymour after his retirement to Italy in 1876. Also included are two notebooks from 1885.
The collection comprises original work by Sam Smith including ink drawings, mock-ups, hand-carved wooden boats, paper model sets, typescripts, and correspondence.
The Franz R. and Kathryn M. Stenzel Collection of Western American Art Addition consists of thirty-two works of art, twenty Native American artifacts, and various prints and manuscript items, which decorated the home of Kathryn M. Stenzel until her death in 2006 and which comprise the remainder of the art collection that was donated in 1997.
The James Tiroff notebooks and art works document Tiroff’s experiences touring Europe as an actor and designer with the avant-garde theatre company the Living Theatre between 1964 and 1966.
The collection consists of watercolors, lithographs, oil paintings, and drawings by American naval officer Henry Walke, depicting scenes from the American Civil War and Mexican-American War, as well as landscapes and maritime scenes from expeditions with the United States Navy to Europe, South America, the Middle East, and Africa.