Showing Collections: 1–8 of 8
- Language: Dutch; Flemish X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 5
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 3
- Bookplates 3
- Bookplates, Dutch 2
- Greeting cards 2
- Photographs 2
- Advertisements -- Belgium -- 20th Century 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century -- Periodicals 1
- Artists -- Netherlands 1
- Artists -- Netherlands -- 20th Century 1
- Artists -- Netherlands -- Archives 1
- Artists' books (books) -- Europe -- 20th century 1
- Authors, Dutch 1
- Authors, Dutch -- 20th Century 1
- Authors, Dutch -- Archives 1
- Avant-garde (Aesthetics) -- Europe -- Periodicals 1
- Belgium -- Graphic arts -- 20th Century 1
- Bibliography 1
- Bookplates, Belgian 1
- Conceptual art -- Periodicals 1
- Constructivism (Art) -- Belgium 1
- Constructivism (Art) -- Belgium -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less
- Addison, Joseph, 1672-1719 1
- Akarova, 1904- 1
- Albemarle, Arnold Joost van Keppel, Earl of, 1669-1718 1
- Arnaud, Noël, 1919-2003 1
- Atkins, Guy 1
- Austin, Arthur Everett, 1900-1957 1
- Battermann, Jan, 1909-1999 1
- Baugniet, Marcel-Louis, 1896-1995 1
- Blackwell, Lambert, Sir, -1727 1
- Blathwayt, William, 1649?-1717 1
- Broughton, Hugh, 1549-1612 1
- Bucaille, Max, 1906- 1
- Bury, Pol, 1922-2005 1
- Cercle et carré (Group) 1
- Chetwynd, J. 1
- Cosimo, Grand-Duke of Tuscany, III, 1642-1723 1
- Cressett, James, 1655?-1710 1
- Davis, Stuart, 1892-1964 1
- Debord, Guy, 1931-1994 1
- Doesburg, Theo van, 1883-1931 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 5
- Stored onsite and offsite 3
Call Number: BKP 117
Overview: The collection contains bookplates by Jan Battermann, a Dutch graphic artist and painter.
Call Number: GEN MSS 900
Overview: The collection includes material designed by Baugniet including original drawings for advertisements and other ephemera, printed versions of advertisements and sheet music, posters and ephemera related to Baugniet's exhibitions, and a periodical featuring an article on his wife Akarova.
Call Number: BKP 46
Overview: The collection consists of historical examples of Dutch and Flemish bookplates commissioned by both private and institutional patrons.
Dates: circa late 17th century-early 20th century
Call Number: GEN MSS 832
Overview: The collection consists of correspondence, writings, printed materials, subject files, photographs and other papers relating to the life and work of Jacqueline de Jong from 1955 to 1983, with the bulk of the materials dating from the 1960s. It offers rich documentation of the European avant-garde of the period thanks to de Jong’s connections with the Internationale situationniste (I.S.), Gruppe SPUR, and the Danish situationists. In particular, the production of de Jong’s magazine ...
Dates: 1955-1983, bulk 1961-1969
Call Number: OSB MSS fc.37
Overview: The papers contain correspondence, copies of treaties, speeches and credentials, orders, memoranda, reports, newsletters and other papers mostly relating to diplomatic, political and military affairs in western Europe during the War of the Spanish Succession. In addition to documenting Manchester's missions to the republic of Venice and the court of France, the papers provide much detail on shifting relations among the northern powers, the break between France and England following the former's...
Call Number: GEN MSS 1102
Overview: The collection consists of the writings and personal papers of Piet Mondrian, in addition to writings about him and the DeStijl movement. Most of Mondrian's writings were arranged and annotated by Harry Holtzman and Martin S. James for their volume The New Art, the New Life: the Complete Writings of Piet Mondrian (Boston: G. K. Hall, 1986). Some of the writings also were annotated by Mondrian's colleagues Michel Seuphor and Georges Vantongerloo. Personal papers include items such as Mondrian's...
Call Number: BKP 72
Overview: This collection comprises bookplates and other works by the artist Adri de Ruijter (sometimes spelled Adri de Ruyter), who was active in Holland in the mid-20th century.
Call Number: GEN MSS 1743
Overview: The collection contains correspondence, financial records, photographs, and other research materials documenting the creation of Henry C. Taylor’s collection of 410 rare books, medieval manuscripts, maritime atlases, and incunabula on the science of navigation and history of exploration. Also included are drafts and related correspondence for several bibliographies of his collection compiled by three different bibliographers, including John S. Kebabian's The Henry C. Taylor...