Showing Collections: 161–180 of 5855
- Manuscripts and Archives 2933
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 1839
- Yale Divinity Library 352
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 278
- Gilmore Music Library 141
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 84
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 79
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 71
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 42
- Lewis Walpole Library 22
- Oral History of American Music 14 ∧ less
- Photographs 690
- Diaries 307
- Photographic prints 298
- Educators 291
- American literature -- 20th century 286
- Families 251
- Audiovisual materials 247
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 243
- Authors 239
- Born digital 232
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 210
- Clergy 186
- Connecticut 155
- Scrapbooks 154
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 144
- Drawings (visual works) 132
- Reproductions 130
- Lawyers 124
- LGBTQ resource 123
- Account books 118 ∧ less
- English 5337
- French 199
- Multiple languages 175
- German 122
- Spanish; Castilian 71
- Italian 58
- Russian 45
- Latin 15
- Polish 12
- Japanese 11
- Dutch; Flemish 10
- Chinese 8
- Portuguese 7
- Yiddish 7
- Arabic 6
- Czech 5
- Hebrew 5
- Swedish 5
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 5
- Danish 3 ∧ less
- Yale University 1544
- Yale University. School of Medicine 94
- Yale University. Library 90
- Yale Peabody Museum 68
- Yale College (1718-1887) 65
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 45
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 43
- Yale Law School 43
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 42
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 39
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 39
- Stokes, Anson Phelps, 1874-1958 39
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 38
- Yale University. President's Office 38
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982 37
- Yale College (1887- ) 37
- Yale Center for British Art 36
- Yale School of Drama 36
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 35
- Yale University. Dept. of Athletics 35 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 3786
- Stored onsite and offsite 1319
- Stored onsite 750
The records consist of correspondence maintained by Samuel Rogers Andrew, Yale Secretary, regarding honorary degree candidates and a request for admittance.
Business records, publications, catalogs, promotional ephemera, printed material, photographs, electronic media, and other papers by or relating to the Andrew Smith Gallery, Inc.
This collection contains numerous bookplates commissioned by various members of the Diamond Family. J. Edouard “Jack” Diamond and Elizabeth Watson Diamond were avid bookplate collectors and the proprietors of Hyacinth Press, a small private press which they operated from their home in Cleveland, OH.
The collection consists of early American bookplates commissioned by both individuals and institutions, as well as correspondence and ephemeral materials related to the collection.
The collection consists of bookplates by Japanese artists, for Japanese patrons, or both. Individual and institutional patrons are represented.
The collection contains bookplates and other documentation related to the personal ex-libris designs of Irene Dwen Andrews Pace (1892-1962).
The collection contains examples of bookplates from various academic institutions. The collection also contains correspondence, related factual information cut out from catalogs or journals, and some handwritten notes by the collector.
The records consist of correspondence, annual reports, memoranda, and subject files documenting James Rowland Angell's activities as president of Yale University. The records contain substantive documentation on virtually every aspect of the university's administration, its schools, departments, and other major units. The files pertaining to the founding of the School of Nursing, the Institute of Human Relations, and the residential colleges are particularly significant.
The Joseph W. Angell Papers trace the acquisition of the Thomas Mann Collection for the Yale University Library in 1938 and the preparation of the 1950 exhibit to commemorate the seventy-fifth anniversary of Mann's birth. The papers also document the role of Joseph W. Angell as curator of the Thomas Mann Collection from 1948-1963.
Correspondence, reports, and other collected material document the development of the Anglican Church of Congo, or Province de L'Eglise Anglicane Du Congo, which grew out of the Church Missionary Society work in Uganda, was part of the Province of Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, and Zaire, and then was established as a separate entity in 1992. These records were photocopied or scanned in the Congo or Uganda and sent to the Yale Divinity Library for safekeeping,.
The collection consists of copies of select Annan papers from the United Nations, including interviews, correspondence, briefings, reports and speeches from Annan’s tenure as United Nations Secretary-General from 1997 to 2007. The majority of the papers in this collection are published and indexed in the Collected Papers of Kofi Annan, UN Secretary-General, 1997-2006, edited by Jean E. Krasno.
Manuscripts of several plays by Anouilh, including L'invitation au chateau, along with many examples of juvenilia (short plays and a school essay), a group of scenarios for a cinema commercial, and notebooks.